Kerry’s favourite things
Diving. Fish. Starfish. The sea. Being in the sea. Being near the sea. Diving (said that already!). My family. Ice Cream – especially when accompanied by strawberries. Pizza. London. Being outside. Nature. Animals. Trees. Flowers. Birds. Butterflies. Kindness. Venice. Candles. Fizzy wine. Beauty. Mountains. Fresh air. Thunderstorms. Freedom. My wedding dress. My friends. Cats. Dogs. Fresh snow. Falling in love with something – a place, a piece of jewellery, some gorgeous shoes. Adventure. Beer garden lunch on a Wednesday afternoon. Old places. My hubby ;o)
Lifted from Stef’s Blog http://somuchtoseesomuchtodo.wordpress.com/
A 21 year Estate Agency/Banking career. 17 years of home ownership……Time for a change. Some (ok many would say) would say it’s a mid life crisis, so what.
Increasingly over the last few years I have become bored and disillusioned with the daily grind. The get up, go to work, come home and look forward to the weekend from Monday onwards. I want to break out of my comfort zone.
This is an opportunity to reset. I recently got married to Kerry. We both want to see the world. But the idea of back packing whilst more rewarding than via 5 star hotels, just isn’t as romantic as going on an overland Adventure. The chance to see places you can only get to by Land Rover is just plain COOL!
What do I enjoy in life
- Spending time with my beautiful wife.
- Scuba Diving in warm clear water where you can see the fish and the odd Dolphin (yea it was amazing)
- Being outside in all weathers
- Camping. The amazing view of stars at night without the light pollution and the anticipation of opening the tent in the morning and having a view of the countryside.
- Seeing new cities and grand vistas
- History. especially the two world wars and the impact it had on the people involved and living through it.
- Doctor Who (was gonna miss that, but I’m bang up to date with series 6)
- Photography. I’m fully kitted up for this trip with a Canon 5D mark 2. With 2 L class lenses (a wide-angle 17-40mm and 24-105mm zoom). A back up camera (my old Canon 350D), various compact flash cards equally 37 GB, flash gun, laptop, tripod and more HDs than I can count.
- Running. I can’t wait to get my running shoes on and run around a foreign city.
- The challenge of overcoming language and cultural barriers.
- Shopping (no room for more stuff in the landy….well maybe……)
- The word Decadent. It’s such a great word.
During this adventure I want to experience the things I enjoy in life and many many new ones.